Allowing Students to Upload a Picture

Is there a way to ask a question and allow students to respond by uploading a picture?

1 Like

In the Show Your Work question, there is an option to upload a picture. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes!! I do this ALL the time. I really like students to take screenshots of their scores from other sites and add them in a Show Your Work question. I also have students upload ‘work’ pic for a problem they may have done on paper or a whiteboard. Many of my students have trouble ‘writing’ math on the SYW space and would rather upload their work.

Thank you for this question! I have my students do this all the time in Google Classroom, never thought about the possibility of doing this in Formative.

1 Like

Can they insert more than one image? For example, if you wanted them to upload their notes it could be on multiple pages. Can they insert more than one image or do you need to provide several “Show Your Work” options?

2 Likes

I would add more than one. The pics might be hard to view.

Hi Anna! Yes they can, students can add as many pictures as they want, they can also use the select tool to resize or move images around! The “whiteboard” is also infinite so they’ll have plenty of space :smile:

1 Like

How can I zoom in on students’ already submitted photos? Is there a way to magnify their answers in show your work?

1 Like

Hey Justyna! Yes there is! On the left hand tool bar there is the zoom in and zoom out, another option is the select button, then it can be dragged to whatever size you want.

1 Like

That works for a student submitting work, but when I’m grading I cannot enlarge the photo. I’m using free version btw.

I found a workaround. I open goformative on my ipad and zoom in on the whole page. That way I can see their work pretty well.

1 Like