Alternative to Padlet

Hi,

Now that Padlet is moving to a different pricing option, I started looking for alternatives. I found Dotstorming, and while not as robust, it does have some good qualities. I have yet to use it with students, but I did check that:

1. It is embeddable on Formative: https://goformative.com/clone/KGMPEK
  2. Students can post to a teacher created board without providing e-mail (they do need to join the board, but they can just give their name (i.e. no anonymous postings)

Free accounts just give you five topics (boards), but good enough when you run out of Padlets and are not ready to delete them to make room for more.

7 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I will be looking at Dotstorming and will incorporate it into my presentation for my Region 9 presentation about “flipping your classroom” and at the Denton TIA.

1 Like

I loved Padlet so finding out it’s gone is really sad. However I found a google doc on twitter that has all the same features as padlet. Formative could be used in a similar way.

1 Like

@stephanie_howell Could you post the Google Doc link here, please?

1 Like

@michael.lutz https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KDgOvIhh2Qs0jjzOciyKXmVd7yMRMhWr7jTMYdYOLoI/edit?usp=sharing

2 Likes

If you run out of padlets why can’t you just download it and delete it? I also want to offer an alternative is wakelet,com. It does not have all of the features of padlet but it seems promising.

2 Likes

@stephanie_howell, what an awesome doc with beautifully clear directions. Thanks!

1 Like

@slm12 Here’s a good alternative!

This isn’t showing me anything. Do I have to be part of the that group to see this post?

1 Like

Nevermind, I found it by researching. Thank you!

1 Like

Padlet is not gone. It just allows for three additional on top of what you already have. You can also delete old ones to make room for new ones.

1 Like

Wakelet is great for curation, but doesn’t have the same formative assessment capabilities as Padlet.

1 Like

You could use the iFrame Generator to embed it.

1 Like

I don’t think Padlet is gone - they just started charging beyond a certain number of Padlets.

1 Like