Answer Key while grading

I would like to be able to see my answer key when grading student work. I have students working on multiple classes and different assignments. Having my answers visible while correcting would help me grade faster.

12 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Peter! I could see how this could be super helpful! If there are other educators who would like this, feel to reply below!

1 Like

@weisepet I created a workaround for this. Have a look here: Adding a student "solution" helps correcting. @david And I would like to have this, too. :smiley:

3 Likes

I noted that you would like this Michael!

I would like this very much as well… Michael’s workaround is OK, but it’s double work. Once I have to put in the answer key into the formative and then I have to do it again as solution-student… :blush:

2 Likes

Adding my vote to this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@gabor.kertesz @michael.lutz @mgarcia it’s on the #certified-educators feature vote this week! Make sure to cast your vote :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! Yes! Yesssss!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi David, I just changed my vote on the feature vote of the week. Before I voted for something else… The problem was that I didn’t understand that you we were voting about this particular feature. You wrote “additional details about the questions” instead of “answer key visible during grading” so I kind of flew over it… Is it possible that others also didn’t quite get it? What do you think? :slight_smile:
@michael.lutz @mgarcia @florianmaechler

Oh no! Sorry that you didn’t see that the first time. We try to make things clear by providing visuals below the poll. I will go ahead and comment on the poll in case anyone else needs to change their vote. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes that would be great.

Agree with @gabor.kertesz. I did not get it from the visual. Anyway, changed my vote. Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

I changed my vote as well. Adding the correct solution is more important than adding pictures. I very much hope others will be convinced as well. If not this time maybe next time…

4 Likes

This is now available! Check out this example!

29%20PM

2 Likes

Fantastic. I was wondering what that +expand question details was. I was in the middle of class and I had just assume I wrote a wordy problem and it wanted to show me in details. This is way cool!! Thank you.! This will come in handy for the questions that I didn’t ask to instantly return scores. Thank you.

1 Like

You are very welcome :slight_smile: By the way, I noticed you blacked out the student names. Did you know that you can hide student names using the filter in the top left of the page? It’s pretty cool!

Yes, I did. I didn’t realize until I went through the trouble of doing so that I could have click on that :rofl: I use it in class all the time. I project the instantly scored material and I asked the class as a whole why a certain amount is red (reteaching moment!)

2 Likes

Would it be possible that those correct answers also appear when checking individual students’ answers? What I mean is: When we are at the “Totals” tab where we see green, red and the colors in between, and we click on a student’s answer to see their response, could we also see the correct answer below the students’ response? I know it might be redundant, but it would be convenient when doing a live section or even when checking grades afterwards? I hope that makes sense.

Thank you again.

4 Likes

Yeah, we can definitely consider adding it there! That’s a great idea :slight_smile:

I would love this option!

1 Like