Any music teachers out there?

I’m relatively new here in the Formative community but have used the format quite a bit in the past 6 months for benchmarks in my school district; I teach elementary music.

I haven’t seen/found much on the boards about anyone else using Formative for music assessment/instruction specifically, and was wondering if there was, literally, anybody else out there doing so at the moment?

I plan to create some new Formatives and share the ones I’ve created in the days and weeks to come, and would love to connect with anyone else using Formative in a similar way!

1 Like

Hey Michael, thanks again for joining our certification orientation the other day. It was great to meet you! I just created a @Music_Educators group so that people can join it moving forward. To join it yourself, you can click on that tag or visit the Groups page and then select “Join” in the top right hand corner of the screen:

Over time, more people will join the group and you’ll be able to identify other educators who teach music. You’ll also be able to notify them when you are posting something about music by using the @Music_Educators tag in your post! These tags are available for a lot other subject areas as well!

I’ve also made a “music” tag so that when you create a topic, you can tag it to music. As more teachers use this tag when posting, you’ll be able to click on it and see more topics related to music:

Lastly, I definitely encourage you to check out what other teachers (who don’t teach music) have shared. As @fichtlis shares in her spotlight interview, there are a lot of cross-subject ideas that you can apply in your own classroom. Feel free to check out the #multi-disciplinary tag for all topics tagged to it or specific subject tags as well. These tags appear beneath topics in the community center and you can click on them!

To get you started, here’s a great example of a topic by @Laurie_Rigg that is helpful across subject areas:

1 Like