Benefits of GoFormative?

What great things have you done or seen using GoFormative in your classrooms?
I’m presenting about GoFormative in November with the Fort Worth ISD Technology Conference.
I know what it does for me, but I also want outside feedback!

Thanks!!

3 Likes

I have used it for a Weekly Writing Assignment. This lets me assess their writing skills and track their improvement. When I have done presentations I got teachers from various departments to send me tests and demonstrated the ease of building a test and to show how all subjects can be done in goformative. When I have time I get the people watching to sign into a class and take the test they just watched me make. I have pulled up on the projector, the ‘view response’ tab. I hope that this helps.

3 Likes

As a high school math teacher that teaches mostly juniors (11th grade), I use Formative a lot for ACT Prep. I will “enhance a PDF” of an ACT Math Practice Test. If there is not enough time for them to complete/practice the entire test (60 questions), then I will have my students do “10 in 10.” They will try 10 practice questions in 10 minutes. This is to help my students with their question pacing on the timed test. Using Formative allows me to create mini-ACT Practice tests with 10 questions each.

3 Likes

Ooh! I love this practice strategy! Great idea!

My main use is to collect data on collaborative Visual Thinking Routines. Some routines work pretty well in goformative and allow me to use the data as pre-assessment, reflective, and as evidence of their thinking processes.

1 Like

It’s great to see you here Niko :sunglasses: I’d love to see some examples!

I started a new topic here: have a look and clone

1 Like