Creating hyperlinks

Good Evening!!!

Is there a way to add hyperlinks? I thought I used to be able to add a link for my students to click on. I would appreciate any tips :slight_smile:

Rodney

6 Likes

I don’t see a way to add a hyperlink in Formative. It would be nice at times.

3 Likes

I have been hoping for that s well!

1 Like

@Rodney_Fowler Hi, the only way I have found to get a link is by being in the Formative, clicking Assign, then clicking Guest Students, and the Get a Link is at the bottom of the window that pops up with the Join code, Link, Google Classroom link, and Embed code. I hope that is what you were looking for!

1 Like

@Lisa_Scumpieru, @msashly & @BarryD …I wanted to update you all :slight_smile: I included a website in the question portion of a short answer question type yesterday in class, and my students just copied/pasted it into a new window. I didn’t hear any complaints, and no students asked where the hyperlink was. Just wanted to pass this along as a workaround. I also sent a request in on the formative site. Nicole said the more requests they receive, the more likely they are to consider the feature. Maybe you can all request it too :wink:

Rodney

11 Likes

FYI, they just added the ability to include hyperlinks! Simply highlight the text. Now in addition to B, I, U, is the link icon.

9 Likes

@appelj…I am so excited about this!! Thanks for the head’s up!!!

2 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

I was just creating the updated Pythagorean Murder Mystery formative and this is perfect timing! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you! This will be extremely useful!

How do we iembed GIFs into this. That would be uberly awesome.

1 Like

Hi David, are you wanting to embed a GIF into Formative or into the Community Center?

In Formative, you can add a GIF from your device by using the “Image” option shown here. And here’s an example!

If you want to add a GIF into your Community Center post, you can simply drag it in to this space where you create it!

Im-Ready-Lets-Do-This-Reaction-Gif

2 Likes

awesome. thanks for the tip, this is very useful!

3 Likes