Creating learning paths for a gamified environment

The last few months I’ve been diving deeply into Google Draw to create learning paths. I just discovered that with a little tweak, I can embed them into Formative creating cool images. Weathering and Erosion II.
I created the embed code for the clickable drawing using the technique I explain here. The only caveat to its use in Formative is that in order for the links to work, students/users need to be taught to right click>open in a new window.

8 Likes

I like your idea and the realization of a learning path, @mgarcia. Well done!

2 Likes

What a great way to extend a Formative! I’ll be sharing this concept with several of our staff members.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! We’re giving you a shout out on Twitter so that others can join in on this conversation! So great!

3 Likes

And it‘s much more motivating for the students than just a playlist. I‘m sure that my students will love it!

2 Likes

@mgarcia COOOOOOOOL!!! I love this!

2 Likes

I really like this formative. It reminds me of the pathways when my students explore with digital breakout sessions. Would love to learn more about how you constructed this.

1 Like

Here is a brief overview of how I do it :slight_smile:

http://www.teachingabovethetest.com/2017/12/embedding-google-drawing-with-clickable.html

1 Like

I love this!!! It really adds an element to the activity! Thank you so much for figuring it out and sharing it! I’ll be building some this summer and sharing!

1 Like

Perhaps putting a text box above the learning path with instructions (maybe even with the H1 font) would help remind students to right-click for a new window. Looks great!

1 Like