Creation of Webquests

@Certified_Educators @informed_members
I was just wondering if anyone had tried out moving a webquest into formative? I was thinking that it would be simple to add different sections. Like one that has a video for them to watch and then answer questions, and then another one to visit one or two different websites and then make some responses as to information that they’ve found.
I’m just trying to think of issues that I might run into for doing something like this, or things that can make it more successful.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I think it would be fairly easy to embed most of your webquest ‘sites’ and activities into a Formative for a one-stop-shop.

1 Like

Funny you should ask as I did just that this morning for a weather webquest I’ve been doing for years.
Weather Web Activity

I’ve also done a couple of others:
Phases of the Moon
Forces in Two Dimensions

The “biggest” issue I’ve had is how long they can get. I prefer to embed the sites, as opposed to just giving the link, so that everything is in one place, which added to short response questions often makes them a bit unmanageable. I’ve circumvented the issue by either:

• substituting some of the questions for auto-graded multiple choice/multiple selection questions or adding flipgrids so that students can just speak their answer.
  • breaking up really long formatives into “chunk” formatives where the last item is a link to the next section’s formative. When I’ve done that I make sure to name them as day 1, day 2, etc in order to keep the students on trak.
4 Likes

@mgarcia Thank you so much for sharing! I’ll be sure to take a look at these. I appreciate you sharing the ideas of what you’ve done to make it not so long. That is one of the things that I was worried about.

I’m sure I’ll have to modify some of the questions. I have a webquest coming up, so I guess I might as well give it a go!

4 Likes