Don't Let Anyone Ever Tell You They Don't Have Time To Create A Go Formative Assessment

Last year, I created this assessment in less than five minutes to give to my Geometry students to see if they understood what I just taught them. It is easy to snap a picture, use the screen capture and upload to the assessment. https://goformative.com/clone/RBFLFS

7 Likes

Jeremy,
Thanks for being real with your discussion. It’s so true, and is amazing how quick you can gather information from your students. We gave you a shout out on Twitter!

Thanks!

4 Likes

True story, @Jeremy_Tuller

When I train teachers on Formative, at the initial stage, they worry that this will add another element to their already massive workload. However, once they’ve seen how powerful and diverse a tool it is, they realise it enhances their lessons and scaffolding and actually takes them less time!

5 Likes

This is such a great point to bring up Jeremy! We’ve really thrived because of teachers like you who show others how easy it is!

4 Likes

Yes @Jeremy_Tuller! I love everything about your post. And that is so true @david! I actually shared this thread on Facebook today and gave you a shout out Jeremy :smile: Thank you for your contributions!!

Nicole

2 Likes

I agree with the feeling. I guess it sometimes comes from trying to add too many things to a formative. Even though it can be used to provide access to instructional materials, you can also create a one question formative to act as an exit slip. Just the other day, I had students discussing “which biogeochemical cycle is better”. As I walked the room overhearing their conversations, I noticed a couple groups with a similar misconception. I quickly created a one question formative that helped me know who was struggling with the same thing and within minutes I was pulling a small group.

2 Likes

I completely agree, and echo what @mgarcia said. One of the first things that I fell in love with about Formative was the idea that you can make it as simple or extravagant as you’d like. When presenting Formative to others, this also becomes a great selling point to appeal to various groups of teachers. Whether it’s the one-question exit slip, or an extensive quiz with app-smashing, images, and more, Formative can work for any and all!

3 Likes