Gizmo and GoFormative: Radioactive Dating

Has anyone tried tying Gizmos and Goformative? Here is one I created for Radioactive Dating. Any feedback would be awesome. Especially in developing GF for Gizmos.

@Science_Educators

Cheers,
Pebble

3 Likes

Dear Pebble @drjatthehooch I like the approach to activate prior knowledge first. At the end of your Formative you could add a question/show your work asking your student what they have learned.

2 Likes

@michael.lutz

Hi! Explorelearning prepared the questions, I just adapted them to fit the goformative environment. I think I will add your suggestion of another question/show your work on their reading/practice HW. Thank you so much for the feedback!
Cheers,
Pebble

1 Like

It’s awesome that you were able to embed Gizmos! Where did you find the embed code? Also, I noticed that you have students access the same Gizmos multiple times at the top of the formative. Have you thought about duplicating the embed block and placing it either above or below the instructions for each part? It might be easier for students to run through each simulation :grinning:

Wow!!! You are going to have to teach me how to do this. This is great! So much better than having them move back and forth between formative and the gizmo.

I would perhaps put the gizmo below the prior knowledge section. That way the students don’t see it until they actually need it!

3 Likes

Definitely will do that :slight_smile:
Pebble

1 Like

I agree @ndyer Natalie, they always have trouble with the ‘prior knowledge’. They just want to go straight into the Gizmo to find the answer. I find that I am always saying that the questions are trying to see what is in their noggin at that moment…

:slight_smile:TY Pebble

1 Like

@david
Hey David,
I just tried to duplicate the embed block…It didn’t work so well. They have to log in the first embed…the second embed block just goes blank…

:slight_smile:Pebble

That’s very strange. I did not encounter the same issue. I am following up with you over personal messaging.

I love GIzmos and Formative! What a great idea to use them together. I am planning on using the MS Word version (to make my own changes) of the Gizmo sheet so students can answer right in Formative.

3 Likes

I thought about doing it that way…I ended up typing the questions in and screenshot the graphics. :slight_smile: Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:Pebble

2 Likes