GoFormative, Formative Example

https://goformative.com/clone/AQDJOU

This is one of my GoFormatives I did last year. It starts with the lesson and then has questions. I like to use show your work questions followed by short answer responses so I can get their work auto graded and focus more on the incorrect answers rather than ALL the answers.

5 Likes

@Smkendal Hi Sean, I love the use of the Edpuzzle up front and using just a few questions for practice to keep it succinct! Great work and Thanks for Sharing.

6 Likes

@Smkendal This is great! the beauty of formative is the blank canvas it allows so teachers can paint the perfect lesson with AppSmashing awesomeness! The ability to embed outside material such as Nearpod, EdPuzzle, Flipgrids, Phet simulations… It just makes for a grandiose application of this phenomenal tool.

6 Likes

Nice job Sean! I like how you follow each show your work question with a short answer question so that it enables auto-grading. Do you let students check their answers as they go along or do you usually return scores/correct answers later?

1 Like

I really liked the use of the video at the beginning of the lesson. I have mostly used Formative for assessments and exit slips; however, utilizing it for lessons is something I am going to look into in order to keep students more engaged with the material. Also, I think having them explain their answers within Formative would also help better prepare them for PARCC.

1 Like