How can we help students improve their effort? Can effort be assessed? If so, how?

On Monday, #FormativeSummit speaker Paul Solarz hosted an awesome #formativechat focused on the topic of his session…helping students focus on improvement rather than grades! Here’s Q1 from it! We’d love to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

@informed_members @Certified_Educators

By the way, if you’ve yet to sign up for #FormativeSummit, you may still do so here! Hurry, the webinars are only available for the duration of the event period!

1 Like

A1-Building relationship with each S I feel is the best way. Giving feedback that is effective and timely and observing how Ss approach their learning can help us assess effort. Also providing a voice and choice in their learning can reflect effort levels. # formativechat

1 Like

I think one of the best ways to improve student’s effort is to implement work time, programs, apps, exploration activities with interest pieces. My students are always willing to put in more effect when the topic or task interests them.

2 Likes

Great point, I totally agree! I’d love to hear any examples that people have of doing this with their own students!

1 Like