Hyperdoc Podcast

Hello. I wanted to share an interview I had with Vicki Davis about Hyperdocs. This may help you get started about Hyperdocs and the potential it may have in your classroom. Enjoy!

Episode 187 10 Minute Teacher Podcast

8 Likes

Hey Lisa, congrats on the interview! I just finished listening to the recording and now have a much better understanding of hyperdocs. It’s powerful to hear that they have the potential to help you facilitate learning rather than be a “sage on the stage”. P.S. We appreciate the Formative shout-out too!

2 Likes

This seems great, I have been a little scared to try hyperdocs! Thank you!

4 Likes

@Lisa_Scumpieru YAY! I use HyperDocs for every lesson I do no matter the topic, the class, or the training. They transformed my teaching and the students’ achievement. If anyone is interested this is a website I made for my webinar to adult educators. And you can always incorporate Formatives!!! Some of your Formatives have actually given me some ideas for HyperDocs. https://sites.google.com/view/adultedhyperdocs/home

3 Likes

@msashlylcot - This is great. May I add it to my Hyperdoc presentation I give for PD at other schools? I would add it as a resource and credit you.

3 Likes

If you need help, here is a presentation I give to teachers who want to try it. Hyperdoc Presentation

6 Likes

@Lisa_Scumpieru Absolutely! Feel free to use it. I have done a couple of presentations on it myself. And plan on giving a few at some adult ed conferences at the beginning of next year. I absolutely love HyperDocs.

3 Likes

@msashlylcot Awesome website!!! I’ll be sharing it with my staff!

4 Likes

I love using HyperDocs, too! I’ve used them a few times before, and they’re so easy to use in the classroom and offer a great way to add fluidity to your instruction! I used a HyperDoc in a class last school year when I was out when my wife gave birth to our son. It made the sub plans so easy! Here are some if anyone is interested:

Conformity Unit HyperDoc
Getting Started with Greek Mythology

5 Likes

@ebryan These are great. I might actually use the conformity one with my adult students. What do you teach?

2 Likes

@msashlylcot I teach high school sophomore level advanced English. The conformity HyperDoc is part of a unit I developed with short stories, songs, poetry about social conformity. It’s a fun one!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing these Bryan! I am pretty new to Hyperdocs and examples definitely help. I didn’t think about having students actually type within the hyperdoc to gather responses, which is a really cool idea. I can see this being really helpful for having students synthesize and reflect on all the different tools and resources they are interacting with. I really like how it culminates with them finding an artifact that fits the theme!

Nice job :sunny:

3 Likes

@jamie.sardana THANK YOU! If you think of anything else, let me know!

3 Likes

That is awesome, I just started to create and use them in my classes. Can’t wait to watch this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Lisa_Scumpieru Would you mind if I used your Podcast on my website?

3 Likes

Not at all. You may use it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

awesome thank you! Enjoy your holiday!

3 Likes

Maybe we could collaborate on your Part 2 of the Hyperdoc presentation. I would love to help or co-present with you. Have a nice holiday as well.

3 Likes

@Lisa_Scumpieru yes! Let’s co present!!! I would love that !

3 Likes