iFrame Generator, How to create a formative in 5 minutes or less

Nice! @niko thanks so much for sharing this iframe generator link!!

2 Likes

@nicole Thanks for this video. The tips on the iFramegenerator is something I really needed since I am always putting content on my formatives for my students. (That way they can’t say they don’t have the readings! Plus it is less paper!!!). This will help me a lot. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi there,

where I can find the webinar please?

Regards

1 Like

Scroll to the top of the page: http://bit.ly/2CgJw1P

1 Like

Thank you so much for all these tips and tricks! I am just starting to get myself familiar with using Formative, and all the tools that were shown were really helpful!

3 Likes

Thank you for the iframe idea, it will help with pre/post lab extension questions where I have students research extra info about the lab. I can control where they go to get info or what visuals they see.

I also realized that the premium version allows audio responses. I had mentioned flipgrid, but students could record their answers on formative and never have to leave the site. Might even be better for students who are shy in front of a camera or for teachers who don’t want to have permission slips signed.

4 Likes

This was a great webinar - with this tool it’s almost as if anything could be added to Formative! Exactly the type of thing I am looking for - something I can have my students start and use the iFrame to pull other tech into the Formative Framework. Awesome!

One question, is there a way for students to add a file (especially a photo?)

4 Likes

If you create a Show Your Work question, your students can click on the image option on the canvas to upload a pic (just like you can!).

2 Likes

If you create a question as a “Show your Work”, students can upload images to that.

3 Likes

Awesome!!! Formative does everything!

3 Likes

Very useful tips! Thank you. I don’t know why I have never heard of Formative before. I have tried Kahoot, Socrative, PollEverywhere, TurningPoint, and Formative is definitely turning me away from all others. All I need is for it to have in-line equations, or a simple formatting option for superscripts and subscripts.

4 Likes