In what ways has the library and exploring what other teachers have created changed the way you use Formative?

Last week on Thursday, 5/3, @david, @brent.hall, @kelly.barr, and I hosted the second #formativechat. One of the questions we posted was this one. We’d love to hear what you guys in the Community Center have to say on the topic as well! All you @Certified_Educators out there, feel free to chime in if you get the chance!
Happy Monday! The end is near! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ebryan The library has given me ideas on how to do things differently. I appreciate how everyone thinks differently- which is what my students need.

4 Likes

Awesome! It’s always nice to see how and what others are thinking!

3 Likes

When first introduced to Formative, I used it mainly to upload all my worksheets and sometimes I would add short answer questions. After looking at the Library (to steal other peoples formatives) I saw how many other ways I could use the many formative options. Catagorizing, sequencing, embedding. My students don’t groan when I tell them there is a new formative because of the variety! I haven’t utilized all the features yet, but I am working on it!

5 Likes

I’m starting to look at different subject level’s formatives to get ideas for ELA formatives. Also, it gives me insights into the other subjects and levels.

4 Likes

I too have started to look at other grade levels and content area formaives for inspiration. With so many ideas out there, it is easy to find things that you can adapt or ideas that I may have not though of and transform those formatives from other teachers into “my own”

1 Like

I saw a really interesting one about allusions in popular songs. I really liked the fact that the teacher also included a section where the students could find a song with two allusions in it and attempt to “stump the teacher.”

2 Likes

Awesome, Mariana! I agree that there are plenty of great “multi-disciplinary” ideas in the library that range from how you structure a formative to how the questions promote critical thinking and cognitive rigor!

1 Like

That’s one of my favorites too! It’s by our very own Certified Educator, @clairesedoyle !

I’m glad you like the allusions exercise, @devincou! My kids had fun with it, though they were horrified at my lack of pop culture knowledge. And I will never live down mispronouncing “Tupac.” I know how to say it now, thanks to my students. [blush]

2 Likes

Yes! I am planning to use it either this week or next week! I’m hoping this helps to motivate them!

1 Like