My favorite GTD tool

Dear community,

What is your favorite “get things done” tool or app that helps you remembering the important stuff and get things done effectively?

3 Likes

I use wunderlist.com as an app on my iPhone and iPad and as an integrated add-on in Chrome.

2 Likes

I don’t have a favorite yet. Nothing seems to be ‘just right.’ Does wunderlist allow you to reorder your list or set priority levels? I tend to get on a ‘roll’ and generate a massive list. If I could go back and prioritize, reorder, or split into smaller lists, that would be awesome!

1 Like

I like using the Reminders app on my mac. Although it crashes from time to time, I like the simple interface, how it lets you set specific times for items on the list (and reminds you), lets you set a location where you want to be reminded, and it does allow for setting priority levels as well!

2 Likes

I like Google Keep. I can use it on all devices, and even allows me to share lists with people. It even has an extension for Chrome that if I am reading something or on a webpage, I can click on the keep icon and it will put it right into a new list of Keep. Keep allows you to organize your lists by titles. So, I have a grocery list, and I can share that list with my hubby for when he goes grocery shopping for me. I can also make a list when I am planning EdCamp Happy, and share that list with my co-organizers.

2 Likes

Yes it does. You could even create your own different lists or work collaboratively with others if you want to. I’ll be following up by sending you a screen shot.

2 Likes

Am checking out Wunderlist. It looks pretty cool! I use Keep, but this one might top that. After playing with it, I will give my comparisons to Keep.

2 Likes

I use Google Calendar as my only calendar for all my activities. I can reach it from anywhere and it works for me. As I read interesting posts or pages, I click on the Reading List on my Apple computer. That is where I know I can always go back and read what I did not have time to do before. These 2 things are as simple as you can get, but they work for me. Wunderlist and Google Keep sound great. I am going to check them out! Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes