Newton's Laws Formative and HyperDoc

I just wanted to share a HyperDoc and Formative I created to go along with the lesson on Newton’s Laws. Science is definitely not my strongest area, but I still have to teach it for my high school equivalency class. Please let me know what you think. And I would love to hear what science websites others like using in their classroom.

https://goformative.com/clone/OOABCZ

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zeew5GVxEmJ1fVW4B3AdEbF6lHd7D0mLG1MlkNtqseE/edit?usp=sharing

7 Likes

@msashlylcot Thank you so much! I’m going to use it in my physics lesson next summer when I’ll be starting with my new class.

3 Likes

Hi @msashlylcot,
Can’t wait to see how it goes. I haven’t embedded an Edpuzzle with questions yet into Goformative. Please let me know what kind of data you can get from the embed (do the students put in their name? or do you just get ‘guest user’ data on the Edpuzzle end…

:slight_smile:Pebble

2 Likes

@drjatthehooch I have it set up in guest mode, but you can always assign it to your class with a class code on Edmodo, which I might do, but for the purposes of sharing with others I just did it in guest mode. Once you assign it, you can see the student’s data individually and as a class.

1 Like

Hi @msashlylcot,
I have classes set up linked with google classroom in Edpuzzle.

I am wondering if there would be a way for them to be in GoFormative and still submit their Edpuzzle data (my students are linked to GoFormative through Google Classroom) ?

:slight_smile:Pebble

2 Likes

@drjatthehooch I am pretty sure it will, but can’t say for certain. I will let you know when I find out.

1 Like

@drjatthehooch @msashlylcot @appelj I am not super familiar with Edpuzzle, but would love to help. Is there a way for students to login to an Edpuzzle embedded in Formative so their data is sent back there?

1 Like

There should not be an issue with getting student data. I received student data from the EdPuzzle I embedded into the Formative:

Awesome, was this data from students who were logged into Edpuzzle or is it guest student data? If it was from students who were logged into Edpuzzle, would you mind sharing where they logged in (within the embedded Edpuzzle)? I think that @drjatthehooch was wondering if this was possible.

1 Like

Okay. So I did it as an assignment as well: I linked my EdPuzzle to Google Classroom to import the students. If you do not do it that way, students may need an Edpuzzle code if it’s their first time using it otherwise they might be prompted to log in to their EdPuzzle account.

If you look at this version on this Formative, I did the EdPuzzle as an assignment directly linked to that particular class. I did the Edpuzzle through the embedded Formative and could see student data. Does that answer the question?

https://goformative.com/formatives/JJzt8nq9m9su2w5eB/view

1 Like

Thanks Ashly! That definitely makes sense! @drjatthehooch it sounds like if your students are logged into Google Classroom, their responses on the embedded Edpuzzle should be associated with their Edpuzzle accounts as shown in Ashly’s example!

1 Like

@david TY…I will try it out and see how it works.

So you

1. have students logged into google classroom (classes are them linked to edpuzzle)
  2. embed the Edpuzzle video and it gives them the log in with google screen like in your example formative.
  3. I will try this out soon and see how it works.

TY again,
Pebble

3 Likes

It is possible to do this. Students can actually sign in to EdPuzzle within the embed. The problem is that if you are teaching multiple sections, and want your EdPuzzle data separated, you would need to make separate copies of each Formative. An alternative hack is to have different “copies” of the videos embedded, one for period A and one for period B with instructions telling students which one to use and which to ignore. Another alternative is to have all of your students in EdPuzzle in one class, so you can use just one embed code for each video for all students to access.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

I am not entirely sure I understood what Jason meant, but I imported the entire class from Google Classroom to EdPuzzle. I did not need to make additional copies of anything.

THEN I assigned the EdPuzzle and and grabbed the embed code and put it on the Formative. Like I said, I did not see any need to make different copies of anything. But, I may not be understanding what he meant.

1 Like