Presenting Formative

I am so excited! My presentation proposals for HyperDocs AND for Formative were approved for our Adult Ed 3rd Annual Technology and Distance Learning Symposium in February! I am definitely looking forward to sharing some of the awesome Formatives I have seen in this community!

14 Likes

@msashlylcot Awesome news! Let me know if you need extra help with anything or need a guinea pig! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ebryan Thanks, I definitely will! I have only done webinars on both topics, so this will be my first face-to-face!

2 Likes

Good luck!! That is awesome.

3 Likes

So exciting! Congrats! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations @msashlylcot . :smile:

When I have done them, there are usually a number of novices in the room and the presentation took a lot longer then I thought. (Mine were interactive though)
Good luck!

3 Likes

Congratulations on this great accomplishment!

3 Likes

This is so exciting Ashly! I would definitely love to help you promote this event! Is it open to the public? I wonder if we could live broadcast this!

2 Likes

@david That is a good question. Let me ask the person hosting it. And I like the live broadcast idea.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
My name is Susan and I teach grade 3 and have been using formative in my class for two years now. I am a tech coach now and have been given the task to get other teachers in my building using more tech tools in their instruction. I am looking for a way to get Elementary teachers hooked on using formative…mainly grades 3-5. I am looking for a short PD formative that can get these teachers excited about using it in their classrooms. Does anyone have such a thing created they are willing to share?

4 Likes

I have some in this PD Folder that you are welcome to use or tweak to meet your needs. I created some and some were created by other Formative Educators. I can also share my presentations from a part 1 and part 2 webinar on Formative if you would like to get some ideas. I am not sure how useful they would be since I teach adult ed, but it might help you out.

https://goformative.com/clone/CGALOE

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this Ashly! It’s really cool to see that you are using Formative to not only teach other educators about our platform, but about educational technology. I love how you ask them about their comfort level with using technology. It’s such a great question to ask before you teach others something so that you can modify your instruction!

3 Likes

Hey Ashly,
We gave you a shoutout on twitter for these awesome PD resources! These are incredible and an extremely effective way to give practical experience using ed tech tools for teachers! Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

These are great resources! I’m also presenting in early spring about Formative, as well as other “out of the box” ways to check for understanding, and it really helps to see some of the unique things that you’ve created. As we all know, adults (and children) learn best by being immersed in the experience themselves, and your resources are reflective of that.
Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Congratulations!!! :clap:

2 Likes