Productive Peer assessments

We always have a great discussion in Formative Chat on Monday nights, here is one of our questions… Let’s keep the conversation going. What are your thoughts @informed_members @Certified_Educators Q

2 Likes

I think that one way to prepare for this to implement it within a station rotation model. The different stations can include activities that allow students to work independently, collaboratively, with guided support, and direct instruction. I think this might help accommodate for individual content knowledge and skills when peer assessing because each student can receive the differentiated support they need. This can better prepare them for working with students at different levels and engaging in peer assessment.

The GIF below is a bit “branded”, but I think it does a pretty good job of showing how station rotation model can support peer assessment. Each color can represent a heterogeneous group that can work together, while shifting to the mini-lesson station to receive instruction with other students at their level. This’ll prepare them for when they are working collaboratively and independently. You could use Formative to manage this experience and monitor students at different stations as you work at the mini-lesson one.

Blended-Learning-Model-Flexible-Centers-%20(1)

1 Like