Scoring Options: Student View

Is it possible for students to have more information on their assignment screen? I do not know exactly what they see, but I am starting to get the impression that they do not understand that they have not completed what I assign because they are only seeing percentages correct based on the questions they have attempted. Because of distance learning, students are not completing assignments in one session, I think they may log on and at some point think they really have scored an 85% on an assignment. Please correct me if i am wrong, but do the students have access to a total score before they actually log in an assignment, like a summary screen where they can see that, while yes they have correctly certain questions, they can plainly see that the assignment is not complete.

1 Like

I’m so glad you asked. Several of us have asked the same thing…several times.

The best thing I can suggest until they find a solution is to have the students ‘submit’ their assignment, with a note saying ‘not done’. I’ve had to train my students to check the bubbles carefully. If it’s “Green” for your score, check to see if the assignment says ‘submitted’. If it doesn
t, open it and submit it. Students will usually have a ‘lightbulb’ moment when they realize they still have a bunch of unanswered questions.

I also try make several smaller formatives instead of one long one.

1 Like

I agree. We have to train the students to view their actual work. Hopefully, they will fix this so that students can see %complete.

1 Like