Share a memorable moment you've had with Formative!

Hey everyone!

Summer is a great time for reflection! So we thought it would be fun to invite you all to share a memorable moment you’ve had with Formative. Feel free to share an entire experience you’ve had with a particular formative (creating it, assigning it, responding to the data you collected with it) or just part of that experience (Ex: a follow-up conversation with a student, a class discussion)! Also, shout-out to @d.vendramin for thinking of this awesome prompt! Get ready to take a trip down memory lane :railway_track: :grinning:

1 Like

Using Formative in my class has been a game changing experience. I feel more engaged with my students and am creating a more inclusive and inviting classroom experience. Definitely room to grow which is so exciting. One of the many things I love about using Formative as a tool for learning is its ability to provide a variety of learning experiences in one place that relate to each other and provide students a chance to reflect on what they are learning. Here’s a link to my blog with my Formative Story that explains how and why I put together a particular Formative in one of my math classrooms https://deanvendramin.weebly.com/blog/a-formative-story Love to get your feedback and/or hear your stories. :+1:

1 Like

The memorable moment I had with GoFormative was from my first time using GoFormative in my classroom. I even remember what I was wearing, so you know it was memorable! I was in awe at how engaged all of my students were each period and how much they liked the format. I remember being on Cloud 9 for a good two weeks afterwards and have touted the praises of GoFormative ever since!

2 Likes

I had a similar experience but can’t remember what I was wearing except for the smile on my face because I knew I found a game-changer.:grinning:

2 Likes

One of my favorite moments with Formative was when I started sharing daily assessment results via Formative with my students. We would set goals each day, look at how to make improvements, and the students would encourage each other! When we would meet our goal the kids would always erupt with cheers and big smiles!

3 Likes

I think my feelings toward GoFormative are based so strongly upon how my work with it started. I was being observed as a second-year teacher when I had my students sign up and use GF for the first time. It went SO smoothly and both my assistant principal and I brought it up in my post-observation meeting.

Now that I’ve used it for about 2 years, one of my favorite moments/assignments is after we read “How It Feels to be Colored Me” by Zora Neale Hurston, I have students use GF to write a “How It Feels to be ____________ Me”. They get to fill in the blank with some characteristic about themselves and write about how it makes them feel. They respond with things such as “asthmatic me”, “middle sibling me”, or “successful me”. I love the ability to take their names away and let students see how their peers interpreted the question and what they deal with in their life. So enlightening! :slight_smile:

https://goformative.com/clone/DZROXB

3 Likes

What a wonderful story! I loved learning more about how you embedded those different apps to purposefully craft that formative. It was great to discover how your students were interacting with those tools and how you were using the data that each question type gave you, in different ways! Bravo :clap::clap:

1 Like