Student Save Progress

Hi all -

I am wondering if Formative saves the students progress if they have started but have not completed a formative assignment. In other words, if a student got through question 4 before the bell rang, but there are 9 total questions, would it show their 4 completed answers when they open the formative up the next day?

I did a search for this in the topics but haven’t found it. If it is out there free free to direct me to the already created topic.

Thanks!
Mike

2 Likes

Hi,
I don’t know that there is a topic about that, but in my experience yes it does. Many of my formatives are done over several days and my students have never complained about having answers missing from day to day or from having accidentally close their formative mid-class.

2 Likes

It’s my experience that Formative saves/updates student data about every 10 seconds. The students are always amazed when I count backwards 3-2-1 and do a ‘ta da’ flair with my hand and their red changes to green. :laughing:

2 Likes

You do have to keep the formative open, but it all saves. We often finish formatives over the course of a few days.

2 Likes

This is so awesome … it’s one thing I hated about Google Forms!

Thank you everyone

1 Like

@mszczepanik it should almost instantly save your student’s thinking and progress so you don’t need to worry about having them wait to close the tab or navigate away from Formative. Always feel free to message me if you experience any issues!

1 Like