Tailoring Content with Tech

Hey amazing Formative community,
I am new to the community but a lover of Formative for quite some time. It completely changed my teaching and redefined what my classroom looked like. I have some information on tailoring content in your classroom using technology. I’ve presented a few times on this and how we can utilize formative to personalize/individualize our students learning experiences. If you’re interested, I’d love to share some content with you and collaborate about how you’re personalizing or individualizing your students learning experiences in your classrooms/schools/districts.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

7 Likes

Hi @Angela_Gonzales, it’s great you joined this community. I’m sure you will get in touch with some amazing people and some exciting ideas.

I haven’t done that so far and I am very interested how you do this. Please show me :smile:

3 Likes

@Angela_Gonzales Yes, please share! I love learning about other educators ideas about tech integration! I always learn something!

1 Like

Hi @Angela_Gonzales

That sounds fantastic! Please share!

1 Like

@apeters @msashlylcot and @michael.lutz thanks for your interest! Here’s the link to my presentation. Feel free to look it over and let me know if there are questions you have about anything or how it works. I’m happy to elaborate or host a live session!

Looking forward to connecting!

7 Likes

This is FANTASTIC, Angela!

4 Likes

Oh wow, @Angela_Gonzales!

That is a truly stunning presentation! Thank you so much for sharing!

I’d ‘like’ to say that there is no similarity between my younger self and the unfortunate soul in slide 3 but alas it wouldn’t be true!

3 Likes

I love your presentation Angela! In particular, I love this activity you conducted to encourage educators to share ideas for awards (http://bit.ly/2AVAWoG ). Me, @ndyer, @d.vendramin & @mike were brainstorming gamification ideas today and Padlet seems like a great tool to share those ideas. Have you ever heard of Trello? I am not sure if Padlet has this feature, but with Trello, you can have Ss can ideas under multiples lists on the same “board”.

We were also talking about collaborating with educators around the world and I was trying to remember that hashtag you had once shared with me where teachers were posting math tasks for others to take! Thanks for the reminder that it’s #GMTTC

Great work!

4 Likes

I was not sure where to post this, but thought it might be useful since we were just talking about Padlet! https://www.bookwidgets.com/blog/2017/08/30-creative-ways-to-use-padlet-for-teachers-and-students?utm_content=buffer56927&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2 Likes

This is a great article! I love all the ideas that the author suggests. In particular, I think embedding/ using Padlet after a formative for a group learning reflection (similar to idea #5) could be really nice. Students who finish their formative early could have that space to communicate while others still work independently. I could see the same thing happening with Today’s Meet, but here it could be more visual & slower paced.

1 Like

David, Thanks so much for your feedback. I actually have not heard of Trello but after hearing your feedback about it, I’d love to check it out. Seems like a great idea for synthesizing information! Love the idea of collaborating worldwide. I’m actually hoping to present about virtual book clubs specifically and getting educators connected through the hashtag #VBC- I’ll make sure to update you on this if you’re interested!

1 Like

Thanks so much for your feedback Ashley! Loving learning from you in this community!

1 Like

Haha! Love that honesty! I’d have to agree. Thanks for your feedback! Loving learning from you in this community!

2 Likes