The SAMR model for technology integration

Dear educators,

Have you ever heard of the SAMR model? I think it is a model for integrating technology in the classroom practice. S stands for Substitution , A augmentation , M modification and R redefinition.Please if you worked with this model share your ideas.

3 Likes

We have begun a big push toward using the SAMR model in our lesson planning using technology! Wha kind of ideas do you need? We have found that using a site like Formative moves the technology use from substitution to augmentation. If you are putting links into the assessment that take students elsewhere in their studies, it even becomes augmentation.

3 Likes

I looked at and use the SAMR Model when reviewing many of the activities I do in class I have looked at many SAMR infographics and like this one alot. I think it’s a good analogy as it shows the different levels, allows people to jump into the level where they are at, allows for using different level, and encourages people to dive in.

2 Likes

I need a lesson plan or something that shows how the four stages are used in the class.

2 Likes

I like the swimming analogy. It is great and shows the SAMR stages in a clear way. Do you have a an activity or lesson plan that shows one or two of the stages implemented?

2 Likes

I do not have a specific lesson plan to give you, but here is a pdf I’ve been sharing with our staff that gives ideas of how different tasks can move through the different stages!

4 Likes

Here’s a lesson plan I put together for my division’s Connected Educator program which I am a part of. I hope you find it useful. https://rcsdtech-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/d_vendramin_rcsd_ca/EY-a7s1nxIpOpucNkgxaA7gBTLhwS1KtUsyXYQGtXK6K1g

2 Likes

Thank you for this great resource

3 Likes

Thank you for your support

2 Likes

A critical review of SAMR

2 Likes