Ways to use GoFormative

I am definitely new to the Go Formative experience. I am just wondering if anyone can share any creative ways that you use this tool in your classroom. I currently teach 6th grade science, and we have a one to one ratio of chromebooks to students in our district. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! I teach math, but I can see how you could use Formative in science, especially with virtual labs! Here are some previous posts for science with resources and people you might find helpful in your Formative journey:

The Formative community is extremely helpful in getting you started. Continue to post your questions after you view those posts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our 6th grade science teacher uses it with close reading articles. That way she can lead the reading discussion in class but every student has to write and submit their own answers. We are also 1:1.

3 Likes

I would say a great way to continue to become more active and creative would be to use the data tracking features to share with your students. For instance, at times throughout the year I would do a quick exit slip at the end of math class and then we would always reflect on our class average each day. This was especially beneficial when we worked within the same standard over a course of a week or so and would show improvement each day. We would celebrate successes and try to learn from one another’s mistakes. Any a while of doing this, it became quite student led. By doing this, my students saw how their own scores and effort impacted the mastery of the class - great motivation!

3 Likes