Welcome to the Formative Community Center

The Formative Community Center is the official platform for Formative users of all experience levels to learn, collaborate, and achieve!

Now that You’ve Joined Our Community…

You will find a network of fellow educators working together to be proficient with Formative as it continues to evolve and apply it most effectively to what is currently happening in their classrooms. With this, you’ll find a growing knowledge base of tips, ideas, and resources to draw from!

While this knowledge base is driven by educators like you,we recognize that as a new member of our community, it might be tough for you to immediately take an active role in it! That’s completely okay and in fact, we encourage you to take time to search for things that are valuable for you!

8 Likes

Thanks for all your support!

3 Likes

Great presentation by Matt Miller! His thoughts helped me tweak and develop some teaching strategies to assist my ESOL learners. Because I’m a “senior” educator, it is sometimes difficult to implement new technology into my teaching. Lol I learned some new ideas on how to better use technology in the classroom.

One success story I’d like to share is providing immediate feedback to ESOL students. I teach WH1 and my pacing is always slower than the other WH1 gen. ed. teachers. I do this to allow for immediate feedback. Prior to the unit test, I place students in groups to work together on the unit review. They use their tablets to access the PowerPoint on Schoology and their Cornell Notes in their interactive binders. Students are given time to complete the assignment. I walk around the room, providing support. Once completed, we go over the questions as a class. Students enjoy completing the review because it’s interactive, creates competition between groups, and helps them study for the unit test. My student’s test scores are much higher because I take the additional time in class to provide immediate feedback. Thanks! Mo

1 Like

Thank you so much for being a part of this group. I’d love to teach and learn.

1 Like

I am Aleksandra, I am a grade 4 homeroom teacher at a small international school in Tokyo, Japan. I have been using Formative for about 6 months and it has really made my job easier. Looking forward to being a member of this community.

Hello! My name is Kelley Evett, I currently teach Algebra 1 and RTI (9th grade) in Tennessee. I have been using GoFormative since August of 2020 and absolutely love it. I don’t know that I will ever go back to paper.

Here is a clone code of a formative I have created!
https://goformative.com/clone/TATRLJ?_rid=9tn3j3

1 Like

Hello! My question for this assignment for level 2 certification is specific to high school math teachers. What strategies do you use in goformative to encourage student engagement in your classroom and for assignments? At the beginning, my students were excited for something new and different but now I can see a lot of tech fatigue. Any suggestions?

Hi my name is Jackie. I am working on completing the certification process. I love that we can show instant feedback to students without showing the answers so student know if they get it wrong and will try again to get it right.

Hi everyone. My name is Matt and I’m new to using formative this year and am looking forward to learning more about the platform!

Hi, my name is Jenn Schulmeister. I am new to using formative this year and look forward to learning more about the different features about it. I teach PE, Driver’s Ed, and Health to mainly 9th and 10th-grade students in the Chicagoland area.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:![1558451087809|375x500]

Hello,

My name is Andrew Wilde. I teach high school and College Credit Plus mathematics in Youngstown, OH. I have been using Formative for a little over a week. So far, I am enjoying all of the features.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

Hi I teach 7th and 8th grade math and Algebra 1

Hi! My name is Laura Lopez and I teach high school business. I started using Go Formative 1 year ago and I am excited to learn more about it!

Here is a Formative I use on the first day of class to get to know the students, why they took the class, and a way for them to share information with me that will help me make the class a better learning experience for them.

Hi!

I want to try adding questions to video clips on Formative. Has anyone had success with this? Can you tell me a little bit about how you used them?

Thanks for your help!

Laura Lopez

Greetings! I am an Instructional Coach in the Chicagoland area. I am learning about Formative so that I can better support our teachers and the students we serve.

Hello! My name is Jeff Sutton and I currently teach 11th and 12th grade English in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have used Formative for the past two years.