What is something that you want to work on when it comes to formative assessment? What’s one step you can take in the right direction?

From our Formative Chat on Monday, April 2nd, we had a great discussion. Here is one of the questions, we would love to hear your thoughts @senger13 @Laura_Goracke @Jessica_Smolsky @robinbecker8 @trillion.richter @tbland @d.vendramin @kbcoffey @Rosa_Maria_Florez_Fe
for

3 Likes

I would really like to work on #peerassessment more as part of #formativeassessment. Getting the students to buy into helping each other out to solve, struggle, and provide feed’forward’ getting there but still not even close to where I know it could be. I need to trust the process more and focus more on the benefits peer assessment and not on the pitfalls that can happen. Need to show the usefulness and benefits to get more student buy in. I need to more more of a risk taker in this area (hopefully a calculated risk :slight_smile:) #formativechat

2 Likes

@d.vendramin Love this idea of peer assessment. Definitely builds their communication skills and promotes the building of relationships in the classroom. I use stations in my room and often see and hear the students providing feedback to their peers, it has been a great benefit in the class. Just being able to move around makes it a great opportunity for me to interact with them more, and also to step in when/if needed.

3 Likes

@d.vendramin This is an awesome goal. Here’s one of my favorite tools for encouraging peer feedback by Alice Leung. It’s a great one to share with students because it gives them sentence starters to begin their feedback with:

6 Likes

Great resource. I will use this for sure. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Is there a pdf version of this?

2 Likes

I haven’t found one yet! Here’s where I grabbed it from!

1 Like

cool added her to my twitter plc thanks :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

I really like TAG. I will be using it with my students and peers. Thank you!

2 Likes

I am so happy to hear that it’ll be useful! You are so welcome Al!

3 Likes