What models or ways of learning will you pull in and adapt using Formative this school year?

Gotcha. Would being able to view the uploaded doc on the View Responses page make a huge difference? As opposed to just pulling it up in another tab?

What if students could zoom in on uploaded docs? I am picturing a student dragging on the doc and then using +/- icon to the right of it to zoom into that part.

2 Likes

It would make a difference. Unless I am batch grading, which is seldom the case, I tend to look at one student’s work at a time since often questions are “linked” - i.e. based on your data from the previous question, what inference can you make?. I need to be able to see which question goes with what in order to not lose track mid-formative.

Could be, though I can see my less manually dexterous students having to try several times in order to get the full question.

2 Likes

thanks for following up, Mariana! I can now better visualize how this would be helpful. Good point about the zoom function!

2 Likes

@mgarcia Craig (@craigfromformative) actually just reminded me of something. You can now open a preview of the formative from your View Responses page:

So you could pull up the doc from that page and have it open as you are viewing responses. It’d be great to hear if you think that developing a separate option to view the full doc would still be a significant benefit.

2 Likes