What strategies do you use to give timely feedback?

2 Likes

I think one way to give timely feedback is to teach students how to give peer feedback. They can immediately give it to another and you can take time to process what they’ve shared and follow up with feedback of your own. Here’s a peer feedback model that I love because it encourages both the students giving the feedback and student receiving it to engage in different levels of thinking:

I think that a challenge that comes with implementing peer feedback is finding a way to monitor the feedback being given and ensuring that it’s effective. I’d love to hear any ideas others have for doing this!

2 Likes

My edtech go to for timely feedback is Formative (guess that why I love this community so much - getting even more efficient and effective with this tool), non-tech I love using min-white boards where I can have a quick peek and provide feedback (kids appear to be more comfortable trying on mini white boards and easy to see and comment on work), non- verbal I like to use thumbs up/down/or to the side to give and receive quick feedback with students.

3 Likes

Only if there was enough time in an adult educator’s day to give feedback. Most of our feedback is verbal, however it would be great to find a way to get our students to take charge of their learning.

Thanks,
Tiffany

2 Likes

One strategy that I love to use is when a formative is posted I tend to add different answer formats in order to get a better picture if corrective action needs to be taken. I like to be on the view responses tab and as the students are working, I assist those and further clarify concept mostly within the same day.

2 Likes

@Tiffany_Lee Giving effective feedback definitely takes time. Have you started to use Formative to give it?

1 Like

I’m in the process of using formative for quizzes for our current class math students. It’s a work in progress :grin:

2 Likes

Verbal, written, visual. Depends on the task. I am running the room a lot but when at the desk or with an iPad, I can jot down comments while students work and I walk around.

2 Likes