You can now add images as answer choices! How are you using this new feature?

Since we just added the ability to add images as answer choices to questions I was wondering… how you are using this new feature in your classroom?

I am hoping that we can inspire one another by sharing ideas for different subject areas!

2 Likes

I will absolutely put primary source pictures that students can select. So many students are visual learners and it can be a great modification for students who are struggling with reading!

6 Likes

I love this update feature!

3 Likes

One of the common assessment question for motion and forces in the 8th grade is to be able to identify what a motion graph is “telling you”. Being able to add images to these answers hits that benchmark.

1 Like

@kjohnson @mgarcia I love these ideas and we’ll definitely be sharing them with more teachers! Feel free to share examples as you create them as well!

2 Likes

@david is there any way to resize the images we use? They are showing up super large in the formatives I have made and the kids are having a hard time finding the place on the left side to click the image. This might only be me but I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue?

2 Likes

You can use the new sliding bar to change the number of responses in each row (making them bigger or smaller). If you are at full zoom then you might need to move the window slightly to the right in order to be able to see the side panel, This is a new feature that we just added and we are definitely still working out the kinks!

1 Like

@david I agree this would be very helpful, but i’m not sure how much of a programming headache this would be.

1 Like

@david I also used it for primary document recognition. So for instance, when teaching the Civil War, there are important people that students need to recognize (lincoln, lee, grant, etc). So I asked a couple questions where I describe a person, then my answers are all just pictures (no names). Then they have to tell me who it’s describing.

I no longer teach World Geography, but if I did, this feature would get used for famous location recognition. So instead of just giving the picture and asking, “what/where is this” with text answers, I would ask: “Which of the following is ___________” and list pictures as the answers.

I hope more people respond to this thread b/c I’m curious for more ideas on how to use the feature. LOVE IT though.

1 Like

Sorry, I totally misinterpreted your question the first time! This is definitely something we can consider. Thanks for requesting it as well @teacher.hine ! It made me recognize my mistake :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love both of these ideas! I can see how theses types of image-based questions can help students gain a deeper understanding of content. I’d love to see examples if you’d be up for sharing your formatives. I saw the other ones you just shared and love how you are using the Show Your Work question type for labeling activities.

Here’s the best example I have right now. It also is the best example of why being able to resize images would be helpful (note the last couple of questions).

Key-Figures of the Civil War

1 Like

@david This is the best example of using pictures in the responses:

Civil War Quiz

Look at Question #2

1 Like

Thanks Joe! Those are great examples. This will definitely help as we consider a re-sizing option for the near future.

1 Like

I haven’t tried this feature yet but I do have an idea for my Chinese language students.

I would post a paragraph or an audio file describing an item and have students upload images to demonstrate comprehension.

2 Likes

It was so great to meet you yesterday, Mindy! This feature just allows you to provide images as answer choices. That being said, I love your idea of having students upload an image to demonstrate comprehension! You could do this by letting them upload images to a show your work question!